9.23.2011

I AMsterdam

We were constantly on-line searching for an accommodation in Amsterdam for a couple of weeks before our arrival, but most places were fully booked, and available ones were more than what we can afford. Not knowing what the occasion is, we continued our search and finally found a place outside of the city center, only for the night we arrive. This will have to do, and as long as we are in town we can find a place on foot.

The following day to our arrival, we lugged our backpacks into the city center, looking for a place for tonight. Since Sahe is leaving tomorrow morning for Paris, we didn't want to spend the whole day wandering around. But as I assumed it didn't take long to find a place near the Amsterdam Centraal Station. Not necessarily the cheapest place for a room the size of a bed, but this will have to do. We dropped off our bags and went out for a sightseeing with my friend, Scott.



The day was unstable, raining on and off. We walked a little, went to museums, and then walked some more for a cafe. Apparently there is a coference of some sort, and the streets were crowded with guys with white collar and khakis. The town was just as crowded as Istanbul was, with a slight difference of people not being in your face trying to sell you goods. It is not a cultural differnce, but is a matter of class.

Next day, I took Sahe to the terminal where she is to take a bus to Paris to see her friend. First time for us to travel apart from one another.

After her departure, I told myself that I had to make sure to get things done before I was incapable of achieving them. I still had to look for a place to stay for the next three days, send back a pakage for ourselves, and send postcards to friends. Hmmm... I might as well go get a coffee, relax, and then think about getting them done. Or maybe a beer sounds better... So beer it is.


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿